This Policy will apply to any Personal Information shared with Log 9 by any Data Subject. This Policy aims to set out and explain the use, processing, and protection of personal information collected by Log 9. This Policy applies to any personal information you may provide to Log 9 and subject to the laws of India, personal information Log 9 may collect from other sources.
Throughout this Policy, Log 9 refers to Log 9 Materials Scientific Pvt Ltd, Log 9 Mobility Pvt Ltd, and such other subsidiaries and affiliates that may come into existence from time to time (and shall also be referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
Scope of Policy:
- This Policy covers our information practices, including how we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information you provide to us, through our websites that link to this Policy (collectively referred to as “Log 9 Websites”).
- We may also provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those third-party links through the Log 9 website, you will leave the Log 9 Website. Log 9 does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may significantly differ from Log 9’s practices. Log 9 does not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties, including any social media websites featured on our website, is not covered by this Policy. We encourage you to review the privacy statement or policy of any of these third-party websites before submitting your personal information.
- We may also provide social media features on our website that enable you to share Log 9 information with your social networks and interact with Log 9 on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand how the information provided by you could be used or shared by those sites.
- Please be aware that Log 9’s websites are not directed at nor targeted at children. No one who has not reached the age of 18 (eighteen) may use the websites unless supervised by an adult. By accessing this website, you represent and warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older.
- Log 9 will not be liable for any unsolicited information provided by you. You consent to Log 9 using such information as per this Policy.
Personal Information We Collect:
- We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City and Phone Number, Industry type, and location when you fill out forms or raise a query through our websites, or send emails, call us or write to us.
- We may collect personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, and Phone Number. When you provide information that enables us to respond to your request for products or services, or placement inquiries, we will, wherever permissible by relevant laws, collect, use, and disclose this information to third parties for the purposes described in this Policy.
- We may also collect personal information when you fill forms on or raise a query through our websites, or send emails, call us or write to us.
Automated Collection of Personal Information:
- In some instances, Log 9 automatically collects personal information pertaining to you when you visit our websites and through e-mails that we may exchange. We may use automated technologies including the use of web server logs to collect IP addresses, device details, cookies, and web beacons. The collection of this information will allow us to improve the effectiveness of our websites and our marketing activities. Please see the section below on cookies for further details.
- By using Log 9’s websites, associated microsites, and mobile applications, you agree to the processing of your information as explained in this Policy.
- Log 9 websites may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the Privacy Statement/Notice of such third-party websites you visit.
Personal Information collected from Third Party sources:
- You may engage with Log 9 through social media websites or through features on the Log 9 Websites that integrate with the social media sites. When you engage with Log 9 through social media sites, you may allow Log 9 to have access to certain information about you through your social media profile based on your privacy preference settings on the social media platform.
Log 9 Website Access through Mobile Device:
- If you access Log 9 Websites on your mobile device, we may collect your personal information such as your First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, location of access, Job Title, Organization Name, Country, City, Phone Number, IP address, and Device details.
- When you provide us with your mobile phone number, you consent to the use of your mobile phone number for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement. If you choose to refrain from receiving any text notifications from us on your mobile, we will not be using your mobile number for such purposes unless required to meet legal requirements or legitimate business purposes.
How Log 9 Uses Personal Information:
- The Personal Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- Assess queries, requirements, and process requests for Log 9 products;
- Provide information as requested by you;
- Perform client communications, service, billing, and administration;
- Conduct data analysis as well as website usage patterns;
- Run marketing and promotional campaigns;
- Run brand campaigns;
- Improve services and for demand generation;
- market products and services based on legitimate business interest under the applicable law; or
- conduct processing necessary to fulfil other contractual obligations for the individual.
We consider that our legitimate interests justify the processing; we find such interests to be justified considering that the data is limited to browsing activities related to what is considered business or professional-related (our website does not offer any content directed to individual consumers as well as any content which might be used for any inferences about your private life habits or interests), we provide easy opt-out and limit the retention of data. The data that we may receive directly from you is completely voluntary and at your option. Where consent is required specifically, we will obtain consent before processing.
Third Party Data Sharing:
Log 9 does not share personal information about you with affiliates, partners, service providers, group entities and non-affiliated companies except: (a) to provide products or services you’ve requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
- We may share information with affiliated entities/subsidiaries/branch offices for legitimate business purposes.
- We may provide the information to trusted entities who work on behalf of or with Log 9 under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help Log 9 communicate with you about Log 9 and for other legitimate business purposes. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information.
- We may share information with statutory authorities, government institutions, law enforcement agencies or other bodies where required for compliance with legal requirements.
- We may use the information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may share information with our empanelled vendors for assistance with respect to setting up business meetings post your consent.
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to protect or enforce Log 9’s rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of Log 9.
- We may share information about you if Log 9 is acquired by or merged with another company after ensuring such company offers equivalent level of protection for personal data.
- A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded to a user’s computer or mobile device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. They are used for a wide variety of purposes such as website analytics – counting visitors and their behaviour, targeted advertising, recording user preferences or for authentication.
- You can however change your cookie preferences by going to the Cookie Settings section of your browser.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies, either by selecting accept or decline in the banner on your first visit (in the latter case we will try to set a cookie to record your preference for future visits), or by changing the settings in your web browser. Most web browsers are set by accept cookies by default, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. These settings are usually found within the ‘privacy’ section. For mobile devices these may be within the browser app settings.
- If you choose not to accept our various cookies, this will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. If you wish to delete cookies which have already been placed on your computer’s hard drive, you can do so through your browser.
Making Changes to Personal Information:
- Log 9 endeavors to take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update your personal information by writing to us at email@example.com or writing a physical letter to Compliance Team, 9, Bellary Road, off Jakkuru Main Road, next to Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd, Jakkuru Layout, Byatarayanapura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560092.
- Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requests regarding the same if any. We will endeavour to respond to your request, subject to reasonable limitations provided by law, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals.
- If we are unable to entertain your request, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
Data Protection and Confidentiality:
- Log 9 has implemented reasonable and adequate physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction.
- Log 9 discloses information to third parties only for legitimate purposes such as our service providers and agents who are bound to maintain the confidentiality of personal information and may not use the information for any unauthorized purpose. Log 9 will ensure through formally executed contracts that the service providers are committed to the “same level of data protection” as applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Log 9 will take reasonable steps to ensure that all dealings in Personal Information, shall:
- be processed fairly & lawfully.
- be obtained only with the consent of the information provider.
- be collected, only when:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of Log 9; and
- the collection of sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- be available for review by the information provider, as and when requested.
- be kept secure against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, as per the prescribed standards to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information.
Right to opt Out:
- Log 9 respects your privacy considerations and hence provides an option to you, to not provide the data or information sought to be collected.
- Further, you can also withdraw your consent which was earlier given to Log 9 (which shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), and the same must be communicated to Log 9 in writing. Please note you can always unsubscribe to the marketing communication by clicking unsubscribe available in the marketing communication(s) emails you receive.
Access and Rectification:
- You have a right to request access to your personal information. You may send us a request for access by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Compliance Team, No. 9, Bellary Road, off Jakkuru Main Road, next to Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd, Jakkuru Layout, Byatarayanapura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560092.
- We will make a sincere effort to respond in a timely manner to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
Retention of Personal Information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as performance of a contract, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our policies.
Any grievance or complaint, in relation to the processing of personal information, should be sent to Log 9 in writing to the below-mentioned email ID. Grievance shall be redressed as expeditiously as possible. The contact information for the Grievance Officer is email@example.com, No. 9, Bellary Road, off Jakkuru Main Road, next to Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd, Jakkuru Layout, Byatarayanapura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560092.
This Policy shall come into force from the 22nd of August 2023.